Napoleon Hill was born on October 26, 1883 and passed away on November 8, 1970. He was an American author, who was one of the first authors who wrote and publicized the connection between success and the powers of the mind. His most famous book is “Think and Grow Rich. which is one of the best-selling books of all times.
Napoleon Hill wrote about the power of belief and faith, and the role they play in achieving success. One of his most known saying is, “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
His formula for success, as taught in his book “Think and grow rich”, is followed by many people who have read his book. This book, and the other books he wrote, are still popular today, and are still exerting a great influence on the mind of the people who study or write about creative visualization and the law of attraction.
Napoleon Hill began his writing career at age 13 as a “mountain reporter” for small town newspapers and went on to become America’s most beloved motivational author. He dedicated many years of his life to define the reasons why people fail to achieve financial success and happiness in their life.
The turning point in the writing career of Napoleon Hill has occurred in 1908 with his assignment, as part of a series of articles about famous men, to interview the billionaire industrialist Andrew Carnegie, who at the time was one of the most powerful men in the world.
Napoleon Hill discovered that Andrew Carnegie believed that the process of success could be elaborated in a simple formula that could be duplicated by the average person. Andrew Carnegie commissioned Napoleon Hill to interview over 500 successful men and women, many of them millionaires, in order to discover and publish this formula for success
Here are 24 inspiring quotes by Napoleon Hill
- Do not search for SUCCESS off in the distance, but instead recognize it and grasp it right where you are!
2.Fear is a habit, so is self pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves: I can and I will.
3 .If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
- Set your target and keep trying until you reach it.
- You don’t have to be very brilliant. You don’t have to have such a wonderful education. You can be an outstanding success if you will only take what little you have, whether it’s little or much, and start using it, putting it into operation, doing something about it, and doing something with it. And, of course, that calls for initiative.
- Procrastination is the bad habit of putting of until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.
- Keep your mind fixed on what you want in life: not on what you don’t want.
- The number one reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.
- When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
- The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does.
- Understand that the only way to get happiness is by giving it away to others.
- Riches don’t respond to wishes. They respond only to definite plans, backed by definite desires, through constant persistence.
- Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass.
- Successful people, in all callings, never stop acquiring specialized knowledge related to their major purpose, business, or profession.
- Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward.
- A positive mind finds a way it can be done; a negative mind looks for all the ways it can’t be done.
- The person who stops studying merely because he has finished school is forever hopelessly doomed to mediocrity, no matter what may be his calling. The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.
- If you try and fail, make another effort, and
still another…until you succeed.
- Until you have learned to be tolerant with those who do not always agree with you; until you have cultivated the habit of saying some kind word of those whom you do not admire; until you have formed the habit of looking for the good instead of the bad there is in others, you will be neither successful nor happy.
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
- To become successful you must be a person of action. Merely to “know” is not sufficient. It is necessary both to know and do.
- There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
- Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.
- When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.